Geoff Ballinger — mobile acuity
Geoff runs a mobile development agency in Scotland, specialising in applying vision technologies.
- lots of real people use the camera on their phone
- in 16-34 age group 78% have sent an MMS, 48% cameras regularly
- there are graveyards in Japan with QR codes on each headstone!
- scan them to get some details about the person
- take a picture of a goal and MMS it — it responds with a mobile web page that tells you whether you scored, then pulls you in to further interaction
- Nike PhotoiD — find some colours you like, send it in and get a picture of trainers coloured that way
- Visual search apps on iPhone store (CDs and books):
- recognise images from database of 10m
- code libraries
- Haar recogniser
- web service APIs: Kooaba & Mobile Acuity (available on a per-use basis)
- feature recognition from images